11 October 2019

WLPC Prague 2019 - "You should never meet your heroes"


Actually, you should meet your heroes, just choose them wisely.

wlpc-prague-2019 was my third WLPC-Europe. It was so nice to review so many familiar faces and to finally meet so many people which work I've been following for some time. Of course, it was also great to make so many new friends, and talk not only about wifi but also to share ideas, experiences and the pains of being a wifi network engineer.

Every WLPC has been a humbling and very enriching experience. So many knowledge gather in one place, so many heartwarming interactions and such great camaraderie. 

The sessions were great but Gjermund knocked everybody’s socks off with his airtime calculator.
Visualization of Airtime | Gjermund Raaen | WLPC Prague 2019


A last-minute session, with the conclusions of the “Wifi 6 party”, compiled and presented by  Dennis Klein (@SynicWiFi was fantastic. The technology is still a bit green, but has a bright future and it will definitely surpass the market value of 802.11ac. Here’s a brief moment where we can witness OFDMA in action (1 AP and 4 wifi6 clients):


Bootcamp – ECSE-Advanced
I highly recommend the ECSE-Advanced bootcamp or any other wlpc bootcamps. The amount of knowledge and experience greatly surpass the value of the registration. I’ve been in some presentation regarding the bootcamp subject and thinking “hmm, I need to test that in my lab…” but when I got back to the office or my home lab, life happened and it’s really hard to find the balance of family, work and study.
So it was great to finally have the time and the mentoring to follow those subjects and witness their advantages. Also, having a trainer like Blake Krone and François Verges as my lab partner and mentor, it was just perfect.


API Deep Dive
When I was selecting the deep dive sessions, I could have gone for sessions that I’m more comfortable like Eddie’s Wireshark or Joel’s soldering&arduino, but I do believe that sometimes you have to leave your comfort zone and take chances, so I choose the one that I have heard about it but I was also the one that I had the least experience. But, when I got an email from Mike Albano, with the documentation and the preparation steps that we must have concluded before the session, my initial thought was, “Oh God! What have I done?”
I didn’t understand most of the exercises in the document. Never installed dockers, never used github, practically no experience with python… oh boy… well, what’s done is done so let’s see how it goes.
The fact is that after a few hours of training I was configuring my first AP with API and also had my open source TSDB. Just another example of how great the cwnp/wlpc instructors are and how well the sessions are prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Passos usados para integrar Meraki MX com Zscaler

  Configurações usadas para integrar Meraki MX com Zscaler 1- Identificar que Networks deverão utilizar esta regra Network tags configuradas...